Delaware & Raritan Canal / Delaware River (at Lambertville)
Good launch for sea kayaks just south of the rapids and wingdam in Lambertville. Washington Crossing is 5.3 statute miles to the south. No rapids of any significance but a few bottom scratchers if water level not high. Return north on canal. Cross over at Washington's crossing.
No fees and no apparent regulation of any kind.
- I-295 North toward Trenton / Princeton.
- Turns into I-95 South as it turns West.
- Take last exit in NJ and follow signs for Route 29 North. (Notice canal on your left.)
- Continue about 8 miles until you reach the Lambertville Flea Market Grounds which is quite large and on the right.
- Take the next left over a small wooden bridge spanning the canal and drive down dirt road into the woods.
- The boat launch on the Delaware is at the end of the road.