Raritan Bay (at Raritan Bay Waterfront Park)
Very civilized launch site indeed! Three cheers for Middlesex County! There appears to be a concession in the park, but it has not been seen open yet. Shops and restaurants are .5 to 1 mile away on Broadway in South Amboy.
Launch is from a beach along Raritan Bay. At high tide the beach is quite narrow; at low tide it is a bit rocky and you will probably want to carry your boat if you can. The park signs say it closes at dusk. There is a gate, so this might be true.
- Garden State Parkway South to exit 129.
- Follow signs for Route 9 South (also Route 35) and go over the Edison bridge.
- At the foot of the bridge take the first exit.
- Follow directions below starting at (**).
- From South
- Garden State Parkway North to exit 125 - just beyond the Raritan toll plaza. You need to be in extreme right lane in the toll plaza as the exit is a few yards beyond toll gate.
- Exit ramp will bring you into a circle.
- ** Follow signs for South Amboy Business District around circle.
- After going under the overpass, bear right (this is Main street).
- Follow Main Street to first traffic light.
- Make left on Broadway.
- At the SIXTH possible left turn, (gas station on corner in downtown), make left on John Street.
- Follow John Street to end.
- Right on Rosewell.
- Continue on this street. After this, the street you are on is not on the Middlesex County street map yet, because you are in a new development. Keep driving past a library and through a really big development of townhouses, condos, etc. The street winds but there are no turnoffs except into the parking lots of the development. The street turns left at the end, into Raritan Bay Waterfront Park.
- Continue through parking area to end.
- Launch site is on beach on circle.